AHP’s Priorities for 2017May 8th, 2017 | Clinical Connections
by Matt Devine, D.O.
Below is a list of some of the 2017 key initiatives that are underway at AHP:
- Expanding Care Management resources for AHP’s primary care practices
- Providing Behavioral Health resources and support to AHP practices
- Finalizing an AHP/Excellus Medicaid ACQA contract. We have welcomed UR Medicine’s Safety Net practices to AHP and will be working closely with all of the primary care practices to help them reach their goals in delivering high value care to our most vulnerable patients.
- Expansion of AHP’s team of Medical Directors to include a part-time Pediatric Medical Director and eventually, a full-time Executive Medical Director.
- Optimization of data analytics and informatics to help guide initiatives and improve the delivery of high quality, efficient, and meaningful clinical care.
- Ongoing review of Quarterly Triple Aim Reports with AHP’s PCPs, based on the following tenets:
- Population Health
- Clinical Efficiency and Integration
- Patient Experience
- Network Utilization
As clinicians, we find ourselves straddling the fee-for-service and value-based reimbursement models, and we are all definitely feeling the squeeze. I, along with my colleagues on AHP’s leadership team, appreciate the commitment of our physician partners, and continue to explore how best we can assist you in becoming more efficient with your time while providing the best care to your patients.
Thank you again for your hard work.