What is AHP?
Highland Hospital’s health care plans take advantage of tiered networks. Based on the tier in which you obtain care, you will see differences in the pricing of copays and coinsurance. Accountable Health Partners is the clinical network associated with Tier 1 benefits for Highland’s plans.
You may realize considerable savings in your out-of-pocket expenses by choosing to get health care for you and your covered dependents from providers in the AHP network.
The Freedom to Choose
AHP is not an insurance company or health care plan. It is a clinically integrated network of physicians and hospitals, all of which participate in the network of the plan's third-party administrators: Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and MVP Health Care. You still have the choice to see health care providers within the broader Excellus and MVP national networks.
*But remember: anytime you receive care from AHP providers, you enjoy lower out-of-pocket expenses in the form of lower copays and coinsurance.
Why AHP for Highland Hospital Employees?
Highland Hospital is working with AHP and incentivizing employees to use the network for several key reasons:
1. AHP offers a broad network of high-quality physicians and hospitals.
- AHP includes eight high quality hospitals across the region and around 2,000 providers, including the 1000+ specialist physicians of the University of Rochester Medical Center
- AHP’s network has created stronger relationships between providers that facilitate better communication and coordinated care for you
- Our providers agree to work together around common quality standards that are evidence-based outcome-focused.
2. AHP providers have tools and resources to help them deliver better care.
- Dashboards and reports provide a comprehensive overview of your health to help identify areas of need, like overdue vaccinations and cancer screening tests
- Care Managers (trained care coordinators) assess your needs and work with you toward the best possible outcomes.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home model provides care that treats you when you’re sick but focuses on keeping you well.
How do I find an AHP Provider?
With more than 2,000 physicians in the network, you can find a provider for just about any health care need.
Provider Directory Primary Care Accepting New Patients Hospital Listing Laboratory Listing Radiology Locations Home Health Care
What if AHP doesn’t Include Services I Use?
In some cases, the facility, provider or service you need may not be available in the AHP network. In those cases, covered services received from non-AHP providers within the Excellus or MVP national networks will be covered at the Tier 1 (AHP) cost-sharing level. Click here to see a full list of those specialties.
What if I Need Help?
For questions about the AHP network, including:
- Finding an AHP provider
- Assistance with scheduling appointments
- Having trouble finding an AHP provider accepting new patients
- Helping patients transfer their medical records to an AHP provider
Email us at [email protected].
For help with general benefit questions, contact the Highland Hospital Employee Benefits Office at (585) 341-6391 or (585) 341-6456.