Thompson Health supports your family’s health and wellness through integrated programs designed to help you manage or prevent issues that impact your life. AHP is just one piece of the Thompson Health’s YOUR Health Universe:
- What is AHP?
- Why AHP for TH Associate Benefits?
- How Do I Find an AHP Provider?
- What are “Enhanced Benefits?”
- What if AHP Doesn't Include Services I Use?
- What if I Need Help?
- Your Health Plans
- FF Thompson Pharmacy
- Associate Wellness
- Associate Assistance Program
- Condition Management Programs
- Lifestyle Management Programs
Your health benefits pay an important role in the health and well being of your family. They are an essential piece of the dynamic that makes up your health and wellness benefits.
Dedicated exclusively to Thompson Health associates, retirees and their families, offers savings on prescription drugs, prescription drug counseling and delivery service.
Offers on-site fitness classes, a self-defense series, Weight Watchers, live cooking demos and many more opportunities for associates to lead happier healthier lives.
Free assessment, short-term counseling and referral information for associates and family members struggling with addiction, anxiety and depression, domestic issues, bereavement, legal and financial issues, chronic and stress-related illnesses, and more.
Biometric screenings, personal health assessments, and management programs for those who live with asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, low back pain, and more.
Programs and services to help you manage your health, including tobacco cessation, weight loss/maintenance, blood pressure and cholesterol control, stress management, and physical activity.
What is AHP?
Thompson Health's health care plans take advantage of tiered networks. Based on the tier in which you obtain care, you will see differences in the pricing of copays and coinsurance. Accountable Health Partners is the clinical network associated with Tier 1 benefits for Thompson's plans.
You may realize considerable savings in your out-of-pocket expenses by choosing to get health care for you and your covered dependents from providers in the AHP network.
The Freedom to Choose
AHP is not an insurance company or health care plan. It is a clinically integrated network of physicians and hospitals, all of which participate in the network of the plan's third-party administrator Excellus BlueCross Blue Shield. You still have the choice to see health care providers within the broader Excellus national network – and outside them as well.
*But remember: anytime you receive care from AHP providers, you enjoy lower out-of-pocket expenses in the form of lower copays and coinsurance.
*Out-of-network benefits available with HDHP plan only.
Why AHP for TH Associates?
Thompson Health is working with AHP and incentivizing associates to use the network for several key reasons:
1. AHP offers a broad network of high-quality physicians and hospitals.
- These providers agree to work together around common quality standards.
- AHP is working closely with Thompson Health's existing health and wellness programs to improve care coordination while helping associates to take charge of their health.
2. Participating providers have tools and resources to help them deliver better care.
- Dashboards and reports provide a comprehensive overview of your health to help identify areas of need, like overdue vaccinations.
- Care Managers (trained care coordinators) assess your needs and work with you toward the best possible outcomes.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home model provides care that treats you when you’re sick but focuses on keeping you well.
How Do I Find an AHP Provider?
What are "Enhanced Benefits?"
For some covered services that have enhanced benefits, you will have even lower copays and coinsurance when you obtain care from these providers:
Thompson Health Family Practice provider or an AHP-participating provider in Ontario County.
Physical Therapy/Speech Therapy /Occupational Therapy:
Thompson Health Rehabilitation Services. Call 1-585-396-6050 for more information.
Lab and Pathology:
Thompson Health Laboratory Medicine. Click here for a list of lab draw stations.
Thompson Health Diagnostic Imaging. Call 1-585-396-6910 for more information.
What if AHP Doesn't Include Services I Use?
In some cases, the facility, provider or service you need may not be available in the AHP network. In those cases, covered services received from non-AHP providers within the Excellus national networks will be covered at the Tier 1 (AHP) cost-sharing level. Click here to see a full list of those specialties.
What if I Need Help?
For questions about the AHP network, including:
- Finding an AHP provider
- Assistance with scheduling appointments
- Having trouble finding an AHP provider accepting new patients
- Helping patients transfer their medical records to an AHP provider
Email [email protected] or call the Concierge Telephone Service
For help with general benefit questions, contact Thompson Health Associate Services at 1-585-396-6680 or [email protected].
For help with specific benefits and claims questions, contact Excellus BCBS at 1-800-499-1275 or visit excellusbcbs.com.