Pharmacy Pearls: Hypertension ManagementJune 9th, 2021 | Pharmacy Pearls•Cardiology
This edition of Pharmacy Pearls gives an overview of the 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA Guideline for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Management of High Blood Pressure (BP) in Adults.
This pearl includes:
- tips to optimize BP measurement and identify medications that could interfere with BP control
- an algorithm for detection of white coat hypertension or masked hypertension
- treatment recommendations for high blood pressure, including pharmacological interventions
- guidelines for the management of resistant hypertension
- four strategies to improve medication adherence
As always, we welcome any questions or feedback you may have. Just email the Pharmacy Team.